Reports to: Director of Audience Development
About The Phoenix Theatre Company
The Phoenix Theatre Company, a LOA LORT D Theatre and Arizona’s largest professional regional theatre, seeks a Box Office/Will Call Associate to join our sales and service team in creating exceptional theatrical experiences for our audiences.
Located in the heart of the Central Arts District close to downtown, our beautiful 14-acre campus includes three theaters, a restaurant and bar, rehearsal halls, administrative offices, and costume, scenic, prop, lighting and paint shops, all on one site. We produce a wide range of theatre, from full-scale musicals to comedies, dramas and original new work. Our community outreach programs have gained national attention. With an $8 million annual operating budget, and preparing to enter our 100th season, we offer nine to eleven diverse productions every season as well as a growing Festival of New American Theatre.
The part time Box Office/Will Call Associate is responsible for providing outstanding customer service while in the Box Office. This position manages Will Call before and during shows, on weeknights and weekends.
- Must be able to function in a high-pressure (and fun!) environment with changing priorities
- Typical Will Call shifts last 2.5 to 4.5 hours; evenings and weekends are required
- Associates may be scheduled an average of three to seven shifts per week, mostly on weeknights and weekends
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Handles inbound and in person sales calls and patron inquiries; handling and managing patron relationships is the most crucial component of this role
- Acts as Will Call expert alongside other Patron Services & Sales Associates, greeting patrons, selling tickets, upselling season ticket packages, soliciting donations, and answering questions
- Conducts special sales or promotions during Will Call and/or intermission, including season ticket campaigns and holiday promotions in the lobby
- At least one year of experience in sales
- Advocacy-level customer service skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Professional etiquette and work ethic
- Organizational and time management skills
- Data management skills and abilities
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Must be able to work well in teams as well as independently
- Superior attention to detail is imperative
Send resume and cover letter to Jennifer Pettit, Director of Audience Development, at email@example.com. Application deadline: 02/04/19. The Phoenix Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer.