Summer Camp Music Director
Fixed salary: $450-$550 per week (based on experience)
Seasonal: June 3rd to August 2nd (Week off July 1st to 5th)
Reports to: Assistant Camp Director, Camp Director
We are excited about another fun-filled summer, and are currently seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals for Music Director positions.
We provide campers ages 4-17 the opportunity to learn choreography, songs, and scenes from their favorite musicals and movies. Each class has a Teaching Artist and Music Director. These two positions are expected to work in tandem to craft the short script for their class to perform on Friday showcases. The Music Director provides age appropriate guidance through the score of that week while working with students to develop proper singing form.
Essential Duties & responsibilities
- Work with the Teaching Artist to craft a 15-25 minute showcase based on the week’s musical theme.
- Teach the music to the campers
- Work to develop singing techniques
- Assist the Teaching Artist with other classroom activities throughout the week.
- Able to commit to a minimum of four weeks out of the eight weeks offered.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must be proficient in piano with experience in music and/or theatre education
- Previous work with children
Please send a resume and cover letter to our Camp Director, Hanna Spence-Schehr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is April 1st by 5PM.
The Phoenix Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer.