Summer Camp Teaching Artist
Fixed Weekly Stipend: $100
Seasonal: June 3rd to August 2nd (Week off July 1st to 5th)
Reports to: Assistant Camp Director, Camp Director
We are excited about another fun-filled summer, and are currently seeking enthusiastic and energetic individuals for Teaching Artist positions.
We provide campers ages 4-17 the opportunity to learn choreography, songs, and scenes from their favorite musicals and movies. Each class has a Teaching Artist and Music Director. These two positions are expected to work in tandem to craft the short script for their class to perform on Friday showcases. The Teaching Artist acts as the showcase director. Choreographing and blocking the show while teaching age appropriate theatre objectives.
Essential Duties & responsibilities
- Work with the Music Director to craft a 15-25 minute showcase based on the week’s musical theme.
- Cast the show based on a simple audition on day one
- Direct and choreograph the show
- Teach different theatre themes and techniques throughout the week via games, scene work and crafts.
- Able to commit to a minimum of four weeks out of the eight weeks offered.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have experience in theatre education, direction and musical theatre choreography.
- Previous experience working with children
Please send a resume and cover letter to our Camp Director, Hanna Spence-Schehr at email@example.com. Deadline to apply is April 1st by 5PM.
The Phoenix Theatre Company is an equal opportunity employer.