HEALTH AND SAFETY
WHAT WE ASK FROM OUR CAMPERS AND FAMILIES:
- All campers will be required to wear a face mask at all times. Masks may only be taken off while actively eating or drinking.
- All face masks (whether disposable or reusable) must:
Be made with at least two layers of breathable material
Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the camper to remain hands-freeAt this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas, and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings. Face shields may be used in addition to but not in replacement of an acceptable face mask.
- Upon arrival all campers must submit to a mandatory temperature check. Campers with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be permitted to enter campus.
- Camper check in/out will take place outdoors near the Box Office entrance off of Coronado. Parents/guardians may remain in their vehicle and campers will be escorted to/from their classrooms by staff. Parents are also welcome to park and walk to the check in/out table but social distancing between parties must be maintained.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each classroom. Campers should also wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds in the restroom.
- All campers must maintain a 6-foot distance from each other during camp.
- If any camper is feeling sick we require that child stay home — Symptoms of COVID-19 infection include headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, diarrhea, congestion or running nose, and/or a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
HOW OUR STAFF ARE KEEPING CAMPERS SAFE:
- All staff will take a temperature check upon beginning work each day and will not be permitted to work if their temperature is 100.4 or higher.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask while on duty, and will maintain a minimum of a six-foot distance between campers and coworkers during the camp day. Class sizes will also be reduced to maintain distancing.
- Each group of students will limit travel to different classrooms and will “bubble” as a group throughout the day to limit contact between campers in different classes.
- High contact surfaces will be regularly disinfected with an EPA or NEA regulated disinfectant.
- Our Friday performances will be performed live but will be virtually streamed to allow families and friends a safe method of viewing.