Ages 13- 18
Monday - Friday
9:00AM - 3:30PM
The Phoenix Theatre Company is invested in creating future artists. Our Master Classes are for the serious-minded students who want to learn about the industry and dive deeper into their craft. Class size is very limited to enhance the experience of our various offerings. Early registration is highly encouraged. Registration for camp includes one camp t-shirt per camper.
Camera Ready! Acting for TV AND FILM
Click on your camper's desired date to enroll!
Camera Ready! is offering two separate sessions this summer. This class is a student favorite and focuses on all the skills needed to be successful in the performing arts: improvisation, public speaking, body language, memorization techniques, and more. Students learn how to get a talent agent, develop audition techniques, and better understand the business of TV, film, and stage. They share what they have learned on the last day of class with invited family and friends.
Class size is limited to 20 participants.
Click the date to enroll!
Designed to develop a strong foundation of musical theatre skills for the serious-minded artist, Musical Theatre Intensive (MTI) students focus on personal strengths and weaknesses in understanding how to succeed in auditions and beyond. This one-of-a-kind program is tailored to the needs of the individual student and features both private and group class training, as well as guidance in acting, singing, and dancing from an award-winning faculty of musical theatre professionals. Students complete MTI I with a perfected audition and formal acting resume. The program culminates in a formal audition with The Phoenix Theatre Company artistic staff. Students that participate in this course may receive an invitation to participate in MTI II.
Class size is limited to 15 participants.
Click the date below to enroll!
July 20 – 31
Back by popular demand! This two-week intensive is perfect for any student interested in learning about theatre production. Over the course of the program, students will work alongside Musical Theatre Intensive students, learning how to collaborate on new plays and musicals. Students receive one on one time with working professionals seeing how a production is created from start to finish. The program culminates in a presentation by the students on their design process, followed by the final performance where they run backstage elements.
Class size is limited to 8 participants.
Musical Theatre INTENSIVE II: Performance
This session is by audition only. Please see below for details on how to enroll!
July 13 – 31
The Musical Theatre Intensive II session is for select artists who are prepared for the challenge of refining their singing, dancing, and acting skills. During the three weeks of this class, students walk through scene study, script analysis, vocal technique, private voice lessons, and dance workshops. This one-of-a-kind program is tailored to the needs of the individual student. The intensive culminates in a cabaret-style showcase on The Phoenix Theatre Company’s Mainstage.
To audition, please follow the directions below to submit a video. Your audition tape should include one monologue, one 16-32 bar cut of a musical theatre song, 4 8-counts of improved or choreographed movement. Your movement portion is to show your current level of dance instruction and can be jazz, tap, contemporary, ballet or hip-hop. Registration fees will be due upon acceptance to the program.
Video submission deadline is May 25th, notification of acceptance will be sent out May 29th.
Class size is limited to 10 participants.
Self-Tape Instructions for MTI II: Performance
Please follow these instructions carefully for a great self-taped audition.
• Stand in front of a plain, solid-colored wall that does not have any distracting features.
• Make sure there is good lighting, the performer must be seen clearly.
• It is essential that the camera is steady, not shaky. Use a tripod.
• No hats, sunglasses, gum or props.
• No sitting or leaning, standing only.
• The performer needs to be the only person on camera.
• Frame to a head and shoulders shot.
• Your eye focus should be slightly above the camera.
• Always have your material memorized. Understand the character, make bold choices and take risks with your taping.
Submitting Your Audition
• Your slate and performance must be contained in a single video link.
• Send your audition to firstname.lastname@example.org via an unlisted YouTube link (see instructions below).
• An unlisted video is a type of private video that can only be viewed by people you choose. An unlisted video will not appear in any of YouTube's public spaces including your channel, search results and YouTube's homepage.
Uploading An Unlisted Video
• Create or sign into your YouTube account.
• Click on the arrow next to the ‘Upload’ button at the top of the page.
• Upload the video.
• As it is uploading, choose the setting 'unlisted'. Do not chose 'public' or 'private'.
• After selecting ‘unlisted’ make sure to click the ‘save changes’ button at the bottom of the page.
To share an unlisted video, email the URL for the video to email@example.com. The subject line of the email must contain your Full Name and the words “MTI II Audition”.
Please give full consideration to your summer plans before signing up for classes! Our classes are limited in size to give each student the best experience possible. Full refunds are available only with a minimum of four weeks advanced notice from your camper’s first day of camp. All cancellations occurring between two to four weeks prior to camp qualify for a refund of 50%. If cancellation is made within two weeks or less of the start of a camp session, no monies will be refunded. This refund policy is enforced regardless of your reason for cancellation.